SOLVED

Scoring Tokens

Go to solution
Karen_Black
Level 5

Scoring Tokens

We have global scoring campaigns in place, but have noticed a lot of people use scoring tokens.  I understand the concept of using tokens at the program level, but cannot locate how to set these up from start to finish.  I know how to add them in to the My Tokens tab of the program...but how do I change score value -> would it be adding in a smart campaign?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scoring Tokens

This is the visual to what Devral explained above. 

My prior comment shows My Tokens tab of the Scoring Program. 

Next define the campaigns in your scoring program - like so in the Smart List & trigger action

pastedImage_1.png

Then in the flow - change the score and reference the appropriate token. 

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Karen,

You first create the tokens in the operational program (ex. Registered for webinar). When you create the scoring smart campaign, the flow will look like: "change score: lead score: {{my.Registered for webinar}}". The flow will then adjust the score to whatever is the token value (ex. +10).

Karen_Black
Level 5

Thank you!  I am just trying to make sense of using scoring tokens vs. what I currently have.  Seems like the only benefit of tokens is you have one place to go for all scores, correct?

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

But I would consider that a huge benefit. It provides one view so you can adjust all scores accordingly in reference to each other.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Seems like the only benefit of tokens is you have one place to go for all scores, correct?

Yep, and (in theory) separation of duties, as the maintainer of the SC doesn't need to know how the score is being adjusted. (Though in fairness the scoring model is under their control anyway.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tokens are not just for program scoring.  Tokens can be extremely valuable if you do a lot of events or webinars.  They also you be useful in general email marketing as well.  It will easily enable you to quickly make updates to Programs for  Event or Webinar invites and reduce the amount of manual editing of emails and landing pages.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

And for good measure here is an example of program scoring using Tokens.

pastedImage_2.png

SanfordWhiteman

OP gets tokens in general, it would seem ("I understand the concept of using tokens...").

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the visual to what Devral explained above. 

My prior comment shows My Tokens tab of the Scoring Program. 

Next define the campaigns in your scoring program - like so in the Smart List & trigger action

pastedImage_1.png

Then in the flow - change the score and reference the appropriate token. 

pastedImage_0.png

SanfordWhiteman

OK... I understand tokens quite well, thanks anyway.

Karen_Black
Level 5

Thank you for the screen shot!