Re: Scoring first visit within rolling 24 hours

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scoring first visit within rolling 24 hours

Can anyone help me out with a scoring requirement please?

I'm looking to increment a lead's score when they visit one of our web pages (any except the home page) for the first time in a rolling 24 hour period. The idea is to prioritise leads who are engaging with us on a recurring basis over time, above those who may do a lot of browsing in a short period of time.

So: If a lead visits us for the first time ever, they get their score incremented. If a lead visited us on Monday and revisits on Friday, they get their score incremented. If a lead visited us on Monday 5pm and revisits on Tuesday 10am, they do not get their score incremented.

I realise that this will require a trigger campaign using the Visits Web Page trigger, but I'm struggling with what filter(s) I would also need in order to ensure that those who have already been on the site in the last 24 hours don't get re-scored.

My first thought was a filter of Not Visited Web Page in Past 24 Hours - but wouldn't that and the trigger be mutually exclusive? When someone hits the site, the trigger is evaluated to true but surely the filter would be false since they have *now* been on the site in the past 24 hours (i.e. they're on it now)?

I can get close-ish with a filter of Not Visited Website (In Time Frame = Yesterday), but that wouldn't prevent repeat visits *today* being re-scored. 

I'm sure there is some combination of filters which will get me there. I just can't quite work out the right logic without the filters being mutually exclusive. So would really appreciate your help! Thanks in advance. 
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Scoring first visit within rolling 24 hours

Chris,

I did something like this recently. The best way was to think of this as a rigid flag system:

-1: unsubscribed
0: nothing or visited over 30 days ago
1: visited in past 30 days
2: did not visit in past 24 hours
3: visited in past 24 hours

the smart lists were the hardest part because you have to do the mutually exclusive thing carefully. I forget the exact items, but it went something like:
  • =3 if you visit in past 24 hours AND your score is NOT -1 (now it turns out Marketo has an issue with -1, so there are ways around that).
  • =2 if you were 3 AND have NOT Visited in Past 24 hours
  • =1 if you were 2 and have NOT visited in past 30 days. I think there was something else to do this.
  • =0 if you were 1 and did not visit in over 30 days (this one was tricky)