SOLVED

Re: Scoring activity in Engagement Programs

Go to solution
Rohit_Gangishet
Level 2

Scoring activity in Engagement Programs

Hi Team,

I am trying to create a generic scoring campaign (in a different folder not related to engagement programs) to track user activity with the emails sent out from Engagement/Nurture programs. For example, I would like to score +5 for people who 'clicks any link' in 'any email' from any of the engagement programs. It is like trying to understand the program that an email belongs to and then score.

Would anyone suggest an approach to achieve this or provide a link to any existing article (I couldn't find one)

Regards,

Rohit

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Creating the scoring mechanism in a central spot and not specific to a single Engagement Program certainly is the correct approach. Yet, clicking any link in any email doesn't look like a fine enough trigger. (On top of that, triggering anything off of clicking is dangerous these days with the number of bot clicks being made).

How about you take the target of your CTA - which I suppose is a Marketo landing page or a web page (hopefully with Marketo munchkin on it) - and take that as your scoring trigger? "Visits web page = CTA page or Pricing page or Product Introduction page" would be much more specific than clicking anything. Set up an inventory of scoring-worthy pages in your scoring program and run that centralized.

View solution in original post

Rohit_Gangishet
Level 2

Thank you @Michael_Florin. Looks like a plausible approach. I shall look into it.

How about creating a new program status like 'Nurture > Engaged' in the admin and changing the member status to Nurture>Engaged every time they does some required activity in individual programs. Then, based on the program status changed trigger I can score in a centralized scoring campaign. 

(OR)

Call the centralized nurture scoring campaign from the individual engagement programs, every time some one does an activity in the emails that were sent from that program.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
MrinalSharma
Level 2

Hi Rohit,

You can refer to the below screenshots to build out the scoring campaign for the Engagement Program.

MrinalSharma_0-1613589964292.png

MrinalSharma_2-1613590021816.png

If you want to choose some specific Engagement Programs or emails to trigger in, then you can also choose here. I hope this helps you out.

Also, please welcome other suggestions.

Thanks!

Mrinal
Rohit_Gangishet
Level 2

Thank you for your response @MrinalSharma . I went through this approach, but once a lead is a member of the program, this campaign triggers even if they click a link in any email outside the program as the conditions satisfy. 

I am looking for something which ties or restricts the scoring to only the emails of the engagement programs and not others. Also, I cannot have scoring campaign for individual programs, but one covering all the nurture we have for now.

Ruchi_Lapran1
Level 4

Hi Rohit,

Before setting up a scoring model, it's imperative to know what type of engagement you are trying to analyze or what is the purpose of that engagement program you are trying to score the leads on. Because once we know "What we want to achieve" we'll be able to plan on "How to achieve".

For example: If I'm running a nurture program for spreading awareness about the products, in that scenario clicks w.r.t. registering for the product trial would hold more value than any other click. In other words, desired clicks are more valuable than just clicks on any link and that should be assigned a higher score value in comparison to other clicks.

Rohit_Gangishet
Level 2

Thank you for your response @Ruchi_Lapran1 . The nurture we built is just a basic one with minimal info and one CTA. They are focussed on giving out brief intro of our products. I want to track people clicking links in those emails and score them for that. There are no trials that are offered or anything else. I am trying to understand more on how to tie the emails to a program and not on how much to score for what activity. May be, we will have to look into those once we move to the next level. We are just starting off with the basic ones for now.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Creating the scoring mechanism in a central spot and not specific to a single Engagement Program certainly is the correct approach. Yet, clicking any link in any email doesn't look like a fine enough trigger. (On top of that, triggering anything off of clicking is dangerous these days with the number of bot clicks being made).

How about you take the target of your CTA - which I suppose is a Marketo landing page or a web page (hopefully with Marketo munchkin on it) - and take that as your scoring trigger? "Visits web page = CTA page or Pricing page or Product Introduction page" would be much more specific than clicking anything. Set up an inventory of scoring-worthy pages in your scoring program and run that centralized.

Rohit_Gangishet
Level 2

Thank you @Michael_Florin. Looks like a plausible approach. I shall look into it.

How about creating a new program status like 'Nurture > Engaged' in the admin and changing the member status to Nurture>Engaged every time they does some required activity in individual programs. Then, based on the program status changed trigger I can score in a centralized scoring campaign. 

(OR)

Call the centralized nurture scoring campaign from the individual engagement programs, every time some one does an activity in the emails that were sent from that program.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Yes, these look like very viable options. Just keep in mind that "Engaged" probably doesn't mean the same thing in every program. You might have higher value programs where engaged means +10 and minor ones where engaged means +5.

That's where potentially naming conventions come into play, where you have your programs have specific names indicating their value or stage. As in

If status changes to "Engaged" and Program Name contains "Stage3" assign +10 vs.

If status changes to "Engaged" and Program Name contains "Stage2" assign +5

Just some thoughts on your overall scoring architecture. There are many roads that lead to Rome. 🙂

Rohit_Gangishet
Level 2

Great Thoughts and thank you @Michael_Florin