SOLVED

Re: Scoring accounts based on people's accumulated points

Go to solution
jose_escudero_g
Level 2

Scoring accounts based on people's accumulated points

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to have an accrual per account depending on the other people who are associated to that account.

Let me explain with an example, we have Company X, from this company we have several people in Marketo with a Lead Scoring. What we would like to know is the aggregate Lead Scoring of Company X. That is to say if there are three people with the following Lead Scoring:

• Person 1: 4 points
  • Person 2: 5 points
  • Person 3: 6 points

The total of Company X is 15 points.

From what I have been able to research this information can be obtained using Target Account Management (TAM), but our idea is to do campaigns using this information.

For example, if Company X reaches a target accumulated score, an email is sent to the people in that company or an alert is sent to a sales manager.

Is this possible using Marketo? And, is it necessary to use/have TAM for this?

Thank you!

José

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@jose_escudero_g, I think the TAM should be the way to go here. First, you'd need setup the account scoring field and it's corresponding mapping with respective person score fields in the Marketo Admin > Target Account Management section, reference snapshot below -

Darshil_Shah1_0-1659257761442.png

Once you've setup the account scoring, Marketo aggregates the respective person scores of all the people belonging to a account and provides an aggregated score at an account level. You'd be able to use the Account Scoring fields in the Account SL (not in the regular SL that filters on leads).

Darshil_Shah1_1-1659258474631.png

You can reference people belonging to the accounts in the Account SL using the "Member of Account Smart List" filter in the Marketo normal person SL or in the campaign SL. You can setup a batch (and not trigger campaign) to act upon the people belonging to the accounts qualified in the account SL.

Darshil_Shah1_2-1659258941488.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There are 2 distinct components to this, neither of which are supported natively without TAM:

• maintaining a central score for a company (i.e. incrementing/decrementing)
  • sending to key contacts at the company and/or sales when a threshold is reached

There is a way to do this without TAM, but not without some additional tech.

You can have a webhook-compatible service that maintains a central counter for companies (you pass each person into the webhook when the score is bumped). Then when the score exceeds the threshold, the service loops back and calls the Marketo Request Campaign API with all the Lead IDs that should get the resulting email.

You wouldn’t want to call the ’hook more than, say, 30,000 times/day, though.

jose_escudero_g
Level 2

Hi @SanfordWhiteman,

Thank you for your help!

From what you say there is no way to do this without using an external tool. So I guess the easiest option is to use TAM, I will look at the documentation, is it possible to do trigger campaigns using TAM?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

From what you say there is no way to do this without using an external tool. So I guess the easiest option is to use TAM, I will look at the documentation, is it possible to do trigger campaigns using TAM?

I’m not aware of a way to trigger based on an Account Score w/TAM. But to be fair, TAM is one feature in which I’m not an expert — yes, such areas exist! 🙂

You should mention that requirement explicitly to sales if you’re looking to add TAM.

The feature you mention can definitely be accomplished without TAM, but not without some development.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@jose_escudero_g, I think the TAM should be the way to go here. First, you'd need setup the account scoring field and it's corresponding mapping with respective person score fields in the Marketo Admin > Target Account Management section, reference snapshot below -

Darshil_Shah1_0-1659257761442.png

Once you've setup the account scoring, Marketo aggregates the respective person scores of all the people belonging to a account and provides an aggregated score at an account level. You'd be able to use the Account Scoring fields in the Account SL (not in the regular SL that filters on leads).

Darshil_Shah1_1-1659258474631.png

You can reference people belonging to the accounts in the Account SL using the "Member of Account Smart List" filter in the Marketo normal person SL or in the campaign SL. You can setup a batch (and not trigger campaign) to act upon the people belonging to the accounts qualified in the account SL.

Darshil_Shah1_2-1659258941488.png