Same Flow for Multiple Triggers

debbie_917
Level 2

Same Flow for Multiple Triggers

Hello 

I have many campaigns that each have a flow>send an internal alert with multiple choices based on country. The country and recipients are the same but the email is different. We have many programs with this campaign set up and when there is a change to the recipient I have to go find each program/flow and update it. Is there a different way to go about this without having to within each one?

Example:

• Orange Smart Campaign
    • Flow: Send Alert
      • Choice 1: If the Country is Canada send Email Orange to A, B, C
      • Choice 2: If the Country is Japan send Email Orange to D, E, F
      • Choice 3: If the Country is the United States send Email Orange to H, I, J 
  • Apple Smart Campaign
    • Flow: Send Alert
      • Choice 1: If the Country is Canada send Email Apple to A, B, C
      • Choice 2: If the Country is Japan send Email Apple to D, E, F
      • Choice 3: If the Country is the United States send Email Apple Orange to H, I, J 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Same Flow for Multiple Triggers

Well, those aren’t really “the same flow” by definition.

You could have a custom field like Next Alert Requested. Set it, then call a central Executable Campaign that has all a few flow steps in one place, switching on that custom field.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I was thinking along the same lines. You could go down the route of specific emails being sent depending on the value in the field, but I would also suggest exploring putting the content of the alert in a program token in each campaign, with the alert being a standard one in the send alert program, pulling the token value from the parent program.

Ruchi_Lapran1
Level 4

Hi Debbie,

How are the recipients being identified other than their assigned Country? You specified based on their Country alerts sent to them, but do those recipients have any other parameters in common? If they can be grouped, then a Distribution List can be used w.r.t. Country specific alerts. 

Finding and updating flows each time is indeed time consuming so keeping them in a bucket can be planned as the approach here. So your flow would look like this: 

Orange Smart Campaign

•  Flow: Send Alert
    • Choice 1: If the Country is Canada send Email Orange to ABC@orange.com
    • Choice 2: If the Country is Japan send Email Orange to DEF@orange.com
    • Choice 3: If the Country is the United States send Email Orange to HIJ@orange.com

Resonating with the replies given, having a centralized alert sending mechanism can also be built depending on the nature of campaigns you are running. You can simply request that campaign when a recipient is eligible for receiving the alert.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I would actually not request the campaign, I would make it an executable campaign, where you can make use of the tokens of the original campaign to make sure the correct message goes out. Less burden on the platform as well.