SOLVED

Salesforce Sync Error

Go to solution
Elise_Stieren
Level 2

Salesforce Sync Error

Does anyone know what this means? 

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 9.03.31 AM.png

I assume that I need to tell sales ops to attach the field to the contact object as well. My questions is: what is the opportunity schema? And why didn't it update?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Re: Salesforce Sync Error

Hi Elise,

Marketo does sync the opportunity object and fields, but it's one way, from SFDC to Marketo only. Marketo can't write data back to opportunities, unlike how it can update values on leads or contacts. You don't need to copy that field to the contact object. The schema refers to the list of fields on the opportunity object. Before it can sync over the values on individual opportunity records, it has to know what fields are available to populate. The sync cycle sends over the schema first, and then the new and updated opportunity records.

I'm guessing "ARR?" is a custom field on the opportunity in SFDC, and the question mark is in the field label (friendly name that users typically see)? I know one of my colleagues found an issue when a custom field name had apostrophes and I'm wondering if that might be an issue here too. They ended up changing the label (not the API field name) to remove the character. But that particular issue was more in relation to an integration with a webinar provider to Marketo, rather than the SFDC sync itself.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Beth Massura

4x Adobe Marketo Engage Champion

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Re: Salesforce Sync Error

Hi Elise,

Marketo does sync the opportunity object and fields, but it's one way, from SFDC to Marketo only. Marketo can't write data back to opportunities, unlike how it can update values on leads or contacts. You don't need to copy that field to the contact object. The schema refers to the list of fields on the opportunity object. Before it can sync over the values on individual opportunity records, it has to know what fields are available to populate. The sync cycle sends over the schema first, and then the new and updated opportunity records.

I'm guessing "ARR?" is a custom field on the opportunity in SFDC, and the question mark is in the field label (friendly name that users typically see)? I know one of my colleagues found an issue when a custom field name had apostrophes and I'm wondering if that might be an issue here too. They ended up changing the label (not the API field name) to remove the character. But that particular issue was more in relation to an integration with a webinar provider to Marketo, rather than the SFDC sync itself.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Beth Massura

4x Adobe Marketo Engage Champion