SOLVED

Tableau Prep Builder integrate with Marketo

Go to solution
Andreia_Norsa
Level 4

Tableau Prep Builder integrate with Marketo

Hi all, can you please share your experience using Tableau Prep Builder connected with Marketo?

I integrated Tableau with Marketo, but Tableau Prep Builder can't connect with Marketo yet. So, I connected Marketo's data source with Tableau, saved it in the Tableau server, and then I was able to see it in the Tableau Prep Builder. We aim to build all our data connection/flow in Tableau Prep Builder since all SFDC data is already there and it seems easier/faster.

I'm not sure if the connection I have done is the right approach. I'm also worried about the API limitation once we start to sync all data (saw many articles about that). Would a connector help with that? If you have any experience in Tableau Prep Builder, please share it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DGunnEtumos
Level 1

Re: Tableau Prep Builder integrate with Marketo

Hi @Andreia_Norsa

Tableau fanboy here to help with this (a full year later). 

What you have done is still unfortunately the best way to currently do this. I have had to do this exact method multiple times to accomplish Marketo reporting in tableau via prep. 

However, I will note that Tableau is deprecating it's Marketo connector: https://help.tableau.com/current/pro/desktop/en-us/examples_marketo.htm

This will happen most likely before the end of this year. If you are still relying on your current setup you will need to look at migrating off of it. Using an ETL platform and a SQL DB is the best way to create an easily managed data pipeline. I personally like to use FiveTran and Snowflake. They are both simple to use and easy to connect. The FiveTran|Marketo connection is fantastic and provides you with a much better schema than your current method would. 

-Derek

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
DGunnEtumos
Level 1

Re: Tableau Prep Builder integrate with Marketo

Hi @Andreia_Norsa

Tableau fanboy here to help with this (a full year later). 

What you have done is still unfortunately the best way to currently do this. I have had to do this exact method multiple times to accomplish Marketo reporting in tableau via prep. 

However, I will note that Tableau is deprecating it's Marketo connector: https://help.tableau.com/current/pro/desktop/en-us/examples_marketo.htm

This will happen most likely before the end of this year. If you are still relying on your current setup you will need to look at migrating off of it. Using an ETL platform and a SQL DB is the best way to create an easily managed data pipeline. I personally like to use FiveTran and Snowflake. They are both simple to use and easy to connect. The FiveTran|Marketo connection is fantastic and provides you with a much better schema than your current method would. 

-Derek

Tags (2)