SOLVED

Salesforce "resets" data?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce "resets" data?

So I've got forms that use a custom field ( Website__c ) that we use to pass over what form a visitor filled out on our site ( the lead info submission is via the SOAP API ). This works great, I have a trigger set up so when the field updates it creates a task for the sales rep to follow up when appropriate.

The issue i'm running into is that when SFDC syncs to Marketo it overwrites the field... setting it back to "null" I have other fields that are allowed to update just fine.

I can't seem to remember what I have to do (if it's a SFDC issue or Marketo issue) in order to allow marketo data to update properly. 

I've tried a couple searches in the community, but can't seem to phrase it just right.

EDIT: I'm only noticing this behavior on SF contacts not new Leads.

Any ideas? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Re: Salesforce "resets" data?

Joe, my first guess is that the "website__c" field on the Contact object is read-only for the Marketo sync profile. To verify, just login to SFDC using the Marketo credentials and see if you can edit that field (or look at your field-level security settings). If read-only, this value will always revert to the SFDC value, even if the SFDC value is blank. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would check the security settings on the Contacts on the SFDC side.

You may want to field block this field against updates from SFDC.

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Joe, my first guess is that the "website__c" field on the Contact object is read-only for the Marketo sync profile. To verify, just login to SFDC using the Marketo credentials and see if you can edit that field (or look at your field-level security settings). If read-only, this value will always revert to the SFDC value, even if the SFDC value is blank. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jep,

Checked the permissions as our Marketo User and that's exactly what it is! 

0EM50000000QQoD.jpg