SOLVED

"Created By" Field not available in Marketo?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Created By" Field not available in Marketo?

I'm trying to segment out a list of leads created from last year, but am having difficulty taking out some 'leads' created by our account coordination team.

Whenever a client is brought on board, often there are least a few other contacts that are manually created in Salesforce for various purposes after the sales process is complete. They are only created by two individuals, but I can't seem to find a way to filter that out in the smart list and the "Created By" field doesn't exist as a filter in our Marketo.

Is there any way around this, or am I just failing in my thinking that Marketo would count contacts created in Salesforce as leads?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: "Created By" Field not available in Marketo?

I hope I'm understanding your question correctly.  I think you could solve it like this. You create a custom "Created By" field in the Marketo admin section and then map it to the Created By field in SFDC.  Once you've created it in Marketo you can then use it as a filter from the Lead Attributes section in any smart list.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
John_Clark1
Level 10

I hope I'm understanding your question correctly.  I think you could solve it like this. You create a custom "Created By" field in the Marketo admin section and then map it to the Created By field in SFDC.  Once you've created it in Marketo you can then use it as a filter from the Lead Attributes section in any smart list.
Anonymous
Not applicable

John,

Yeah you got it! I guess I can go that route, but it's weird that the "Created By" field in SFDC is a standard field, but not showing up in Marketo. From what I can see in our SFDC admin section, the "Created By" field is readable for Marketo.

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was anybody able to eventually see the "Created By" field in Marketo?   Per the suggestions above, I created a custom field for "Created By" in Marketo, but cannot map it because Marketo can't see the SFDC versions of the field.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having this same problem trying to SmartList out leads created by sales so I can exclude them from some reporting - has anyone had success?