Re: Sales Insight Test Email Sending Multiples

Venus_Wills
Level 4

Sales Insight Test Email Sending Multiples

My sales team noticed that in Sales Insight when they send a test, instead of just sending a single test email, they are receiving an individual test email for everyone included in that email campaign.

For example, the sales rep wants to send a Marketo Sales Insight email to 50 people in her territory. She creates the email and sends herself a test. Rather than just getting one test email to proof, she is receiving 50 test emails.

Any idea what's causing this?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sounds like a support issue. It could be an unintended feature, as in, it just works that way.
Venus_Wills
Level 4

Thanks, Josh. I did contact support, and they are telling me it's supposed to do that. If I recall correctly, it used to just send a single test email to check for formatting, etc. Support is saying that it sends one for each lead, so you can check the dynamic content. In the example I used, no dynamic content was used. What has been your experience?
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Wow, this is really concerning. Why wouldn't Marketo just include the same testing that's used when sending sample emails in Marketo (where you pick a test lead for personalization)? We're getting close to deploy MSI on a pilot basis to our 500 sales reps (75 in the pilot program). I'm concerned if they experience this same behavior, it will be tough to get them to act as evangelists to the rest of the extended sales teams.
Venus_Wills
Level 4

Hi Dan, 

I don't have better news. It's still sending a test email for every single contact selected for the MSI email. So if you were planning to send 200 contacts a MSI email, you'll get 200 test emails in your inbox.

The only solution support is offering right now is selecting a single contact when you're sending the test email. And then repeat with the full list.

It seems to me that something definitely changed and that how my MSI used to work for the past three years (only send one test email) isn't the glitch, but this new sending a test email for every single contact is the glitch. At least in Marketo you can test just a single lead for dynamic content, but you can't easily do that in SFDC.