Re: Saleforce Lead Source field sync issue from Marketo

DeAnna_Humphrey
Level 2

Saleforce Lead Source field sync issue from Marketo

Hello Marketo Community,

I am having an issue with Marketo updating my Salesforce standard field Lead Source.  Occasionally Marketo is changing my lead source to CRM Lead.  I do not have this as one of my picklist field options.  Has anyone run into this issue and can guide me on how I can stop this from happening.  I can't pinpoint what is triggering this update but I can see that Marketo is updating the lead and changing the field.

Thank you,

DeAnna

6 REPLIES 6
Anne_Angele1
Level 4

Hi DeAnna -

Have you looked in the activity log of one of your leads to try to trace back why the lead source is changing? That would be my first stop.

DeAnna_Humphrey
Level 2

In Marketo or SFDC?

On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 9:59 AM Anne Angele <marketingnation@marketo.com>

Anne_Angele1
Level 4

Marketo. It sounds like that's where the issue is coming from.

DeAnna_Humphrey
Level 2

On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 9:59 AM Anne Angele <marketingnation@marketo.com>

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Can you remove the filter? Then we should be able to see the data value change steps

pastedImage_0.png

Ian_Gardner
Level 1

We had the same issue with the Facebook leads coming through as "Facebook Lead Ads" when that wasn't an option in our picklist in Salesforce. Marketo Support couldn't figure out a direct fix, but what we did do that worked was add it to the picklist (it will grab all the previously labeled ones as well) and then I just add a step in every flow to automatically change it to whatever I want. I'm still fairly new to the platform but hopefully this can help.

Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 6.13.08 PM.png