Re: Running into "Use Auto-Assignment Rules" in Activity Log. How can I identify the source?

Caitlin_McCorm3
Level 3

Running into "Use Auto-Assignment Rules" in Activity Log. How can I identify the source?

I can't find it in SFDC, and it doesn't live in a smart campaign.

Here's what I'm seeing in the activity log:

Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 3.50.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-07 at 3.50.50 PM.png

Any help would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Running into "Use Auto-Assignment Rules" in Activity Log. How can I identify the source?

Caitlin McCormick

Do you have any "Sync Lead to SFDC" flow steps anywhere in your instance? There is a probably a global sync campaign running somewhere. Auto-assignment rules is one of the settings when using the sync lead to SFDC flow step.

Basically this is just the lead being created in SFDC and it is using SFDC's default assignment rules instead of forcing the lead onto a specific owner or queue.

if you can't find this flow step anywhere, you can search for it in Campaign Inspector by clicking on the top level of your Marketing Activities tree.

Caitlin_McCorm3
Level 3

Thanks Justin Norris​. I do use 'Sync Lead to SFDC', but do not have any Auto Assignment rules in place. Where would I find those?

I do use "Sync Lead to SFDC" in a flow step - I use it for "Filled out any form" and then assign it to one person. That activity looks like this:

Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 8.04.57 AM.png

But then there is additional activity in the log that looks like this, and isn't connected to a campaign:

Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 8.05.59 AM.png

and looks like this, too:

Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 8.06.26 AM.png

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Caitlin McCormick​, the Auto-Assignment Rules are the same as your Lead Assignment Rules in SFDC. You can find them in Setup > Leads > Assignment Rules in your SFDC instance.

Do you have any programs synched to SFDC campaigns? Those would result in a quick synch and would likely default to your lead assignment rules.

The other two activities you posted are synched back from SFDC, just reflecting ownership changes in that system.