Run times for scheduled reports?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Run times for scheduled reports?

Hi all-

I just started scheduling custom reports for export (both from Analytics and my RCE) and noticed that you can't specify a time for the export, just a day/cadence (like you can with SFDC). 

I'm assuming that when the reports are sent is still based on available system bandwidth, as with SFDC, but I'm hoping someone can answer these questions:

- Will a single report be delivered at a specific time consistently (ex: 9:03 am every Thursday) or will it vary?
- Is there any way ahead of time to know exactly when a report will be delivered once it's been scheduled?  (I'm still waiting on one to be delivered today and if possible would love to know when I can anticipate it so I can prioritize other tasks around it.)

Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Run times for scheduled reports?

Hey Jessica, unfortunately there is no way to schedule these for a certain time, nor will you know when it will arrive on a specific day -- although I have found them to be relatively consistent. Sorry I don't have a better answer for this, I wish I did!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dory!  Not the end of the world - I'll just have to work on my flexibility 🙂
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I was under the impression that they are usually run around 6am PDT.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I read that once too, Josh.  But so far today, I've received reports at 8:03 am, 8:05 am, 8:12 am and just an hour ago, 12:57 pm - all EST.  I'll have to wait a week to see how consistent delivery times are.