SOLVED

RTP-Segmentation behavioral: How do visits works

Go to solution
PatrickS
Level 1

RTP-Segmentation behavioral: How do visits works

Hi Community,
In the segmentation for an RTP campaign, I can use the attribute "Behavioral->Visits".
What exactly is meant by visits? Do simple reloads count as a visit or is there a time delay between individual visits until it is counted as a new visit.

In my current RTP campaign, I have the following function in the underlying segmentation: Number of visits - Equals or greater than - 3.
I am now trying to test the whole thing, but I do not get the campaign displayed.
The following function works without problems: Number of visits - Equals or greater than - 1.

I hope someone can help me understand the exact procedure of Marketo so that I can create the right test setup.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: RTP-Segmentation behavioral: How do visits works

In RTP, the tracking is session-based, similar to most web analytics tools. A session starts with the first-page view and ends 30 minutes after the last click on the website. Activities within a single session are counted only 1x, i.e., in your case, a visitor would need to visit at least 1 of your tracked pages in 3 distinct web sessions (each spanning a duration of 30 minutes).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: RTP-Segmentation behavioral: How do visits works

In RTP, the tracking is session-based, similar to most web analytics tools. A session starts with the first-page view and ends 30 minutes after the last click on the website. Activities within a single session are counted only 1x, i.e., in your case, a visitor would need to visit at least 1 of your tracked pages in 3 distinct web sessions (each spanning a duration of 30 minutes).