SOLVED

Reverse to previous Lead Source value

Go to solution
Nina_Valtcheva5
Level 5

Reverse to previous Lead Source value

Our sales ops team accidentally changed the value for "Lead Source" for a few dozen records in SFDC, and I'm trying to figure out if there is a non-manual way to reverse it through Marketo. Is there a way to see for all affected leads what the previous Lead Source value was and then change it back to that?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Reverse to previous Lead Source value

Nina,

What I would do is pull a smart list of "data value changed: lead source in timeframe today" with the constraint of source: salesforce.com and new value and previous value. You will need to run this for every previous value option it was changed from. Then in the flow you can change data value to what the previous value was. So you can create a number of smart campaigns or just modify the smart list and change data value flow for every previous value option.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Devraj_Grewal

Nina,

What I would do is pull a smart list of "data value changed: lead source in timeframe today" with the constraint of source: salesforce.com and new value and previous value. You will need to run this for every previous value option it was changed from. Then in the flow you can change data value to what the previous value was. So you can create a number of smart campaigns or just modify the smart list and change data value flow for every previous value option.

Josh_Hill13

Yes, this is the only way in Marketo...

BUT, SFDC Admins can also do this more automatically if Lead History was on the field. You should really make this drop the Old Value to New Value. I've done this before.

Abaran
Level 5

Sounds like a very manual process. Is there a way to automatically have smart campaign  do "data value change" = "previous value"?

Seems not as there are two ideas posted that are asking for a previous value token.

thoughts?

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Adding on to the above recommendations, if the lead volume is high, we can help you extract the activity log of the lead using the API. The data can be extracted in an excel where we can get the old Lead Source and the new Lead Source. Once you have cleaned up the data in an excel, you can import the data in Marketo.