SOLVED

Re: Retrieving Lead Score data between specific dates

Go to solution
Kent_Brubaker1
Level 1

Retrieving Lead Score data between specific dates

Hi.

As many of you probably do, we have a Lead Score campaign that assigns numbers to certain actions a user can take within our marketing campaigns, and tallies the assigned number for those actions. For each campaign, we send info to our Sales Reps on the actions contacts take along with their Lead Score tally.

However, we have had this Marketo instance for about 10 years, so our longer term clients have outsized numbers. What I want to do is determine what that Lead Score is from the past 12 months and return that score to the Sales Rep along with their all-time score. The idea is to get a sense of how engaged they are over the previous year.

How do I do this?

I looked at using a Formula field, but it doesn't allow for date constraints. I also looked at using Velocity script tokens, but my knowledge on Velocity scripting is pretty limited, so I'm not sure if I saw the answer there, but couldn't understand it.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I realise this isn't retroactive which is what @Kent_Brubaker1 is after, but I did use FlowBoost to create a scoring over time model which stored history scoring history in a text area, and also three fields:

• score delta over 24 hours.
  • score delta over 7 days.
  • score delta over 28 days.  

This allowed for surges in activity to be noted and acted on.

@Kent_Brubaker1 , I'm guessing you have already had this epiphany, but this is why score decay is so critical! The scoring model must not only giveth, but taketh away!

Cheers

Jo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can't do this going back 12 months because the score changes will have aged out. You can go back 90 days by pulling the Score Changed activities via API.

Note neither Velocity nor a formula - nor any other theoretical flow step - can ever retrieve values from a particular date range. You would always have to go to the Activity Log in some way.

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I realise this isn't retroactive which is what @Kent_Brubaker1 is after, but I did use FlowBoost to create a scoring over time model which stored history scoring history in a text area, and also three fields:

• score delta over 24 hours.
  • score delta over 7 days.
  • score delta over 28 days.  

This allowed for surges in activity to be noted and acted on.

@Kent_Brubaker1 , I'm guessing you have already had this epiphany, but this is why score decay is so critical! The scoring model must not only giveth, but taketh away!

Cheers

Jo

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Couldn't agree more. You cannot keep scores adding up into infinity, it is equally important to recognize inactivity and let scores decay accordingly.