SOLVED

Re: Restrict different email from address than the domain name in Marketo

Go to solution
swapnil-khangar
Level 1

Restrict different email from address than the domain name in Marketo

Hello All,

How to restrict user to use different email from address other than the domain name in Marketo.

For exp. domain name is example.com and I want to restrict the user while sending the email to use only example.com (swapnil@example.com) and not any other domain name swapnil@gmail.com in from address.

Thanks,

Swapnil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There isn't a way to totally lock this down. You need to enforce, via procedure, the allowed From/Reply-To values. Using {{my.tokens}} to manage these is recommended (though again, not enforced by the platform but rather through human cooperation).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

There isn't a way to totally lock this down. You need to enforce, via procedure, the allowed From/Reply-To values. Using {{my.tokens}} to manage these is recommended (though again, not enforced by the platform but rather through human cooperation).
swapnil-khangar
Level 1

Thanks Sanford 👍

swapnil-khangar
Level 1

Hi Sanford, found one solution - If the DMARC with a “P=Reject” policy is setup, then that mail would fail to deliver.

SanfordWhiteman

That's not a solution because it only applies to domains that have such a DMARC policy. If you don't control the domain, then naturally you don't control its DMARC record.

(Also, only a subset of recipients even enforce DMARC, so it would cause sporadic rejections, not complete rejection of all messages.)