SOLVED

How to make all existing and future email communication come from the same person?

Go to solution
daynarod
Level 2

How to make all existing and future email communication come from the same person?

I am trying to see if there is a way to 1. Change all existing emails to come from me instead of our current representative and 2. Make all email communication come from me in the future. 

We'd like to find a bulk method to change all existing emails to come from me - so we want to change the "from name", "from address", and "reply to address" fields without having to manually update each email one-by-one, preferably using tokens (see below). I came across this article, but can't seem to find much help on this other than that: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Knowledgebase/Changing-from-Address-on-Multiple-Email-Assets-at-Once/t... 

We also want all future emails to come from me and have a way to tokenize this, so that if we have a new rep in the future taking over email communication, we can just change it in one place. 

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Re: How to make all existing and future email communication come from the same person?

Hey @daynarod - You found a good resource there. To Sanford's point, if you want a truly bulk way to update your emails right now, you'll want to use the API call in the article you referenced. You'll want to update all of your send-from, reply-to info to a token as part of that initial bulk update and house your token in a top-level folder so it cascades down to all your email assets. From there, any future changes to the send-from/reply-to could be managed by just updating the token values within your Marketo instance (no API calls needed).

https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Understanding+My+Tokens+in+a+Program

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to make all existing and future email communication come from the same person?

That article says it all: use the API to change assets to use a token, then you can manage the token within the UI after. There's no "switch everything" button.
Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Hey @daynarod - You found a good resource there. To Sanford's point, if you want a truly bulk way to update your emails right now, you'll want to use the API call in the article you referenced. You'll want to update all of your send-from, reply-to info to a token as part of that initial bulk update and house your token in a top-level folder so it cascades down to all your email assets. From there, any future changes to the send-from/reply-to could be managed by just updating the token values within your Marketo instance (no API calls needed).

https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Understanding+My+Tokens+in+a+Program

daynarod
Level 2

Thanks for the explanation! This is very helpful.