Re: Responsive Email - Any way to turn off style auto-correct?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We will have to defer exploring whether Marketo templates will allow us to a) import our designed HTML without b) removing style tags from the body (for the benefit of media queries), until next week. Thank you all for the suggestions. The client I'm observing this in is Parallels/Horde, Courtney, but that's not the issue. Standards aren't laws. There should be an expert mode. Thank you!

Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

i have never been able to use an outside product to produce my html and then copy paste into marketo- causes all sorts of havoc. you have to code within marketo directly to not have all sorts or automatic marketo things mess up your code.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We tried an experiement where we put our custom mobile responsive HTML into a Marketo Template. Test sends from the template stripped out our conditional comments for Outlook, or appeared to. Can't quite tell if the style tags were stripped by Marketo or by the webmail client. But losing the Outlook controls is a deal breaker.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if this was ever resolved since it was a few months ago, but in order to get MSO conditional tags to work and render, they must be placed in an editable region on the email level. They can not live in the template or Marketo will strip them out upon save. Additionally there has been an update on the platform that now allows conditional statements, I have not tested to see if statements can now reside in a template.