SOLVED

Re: Required Picklist Values - Customizing the helper text at the top of a required picklist

Go to solution
jengcalendly
Level 2

Required Picklist Values - Customizing the helper text at the top of a required picklist

I am working on a form with picklist values and I would like helper text of "Select your role" etc to appear as the default option in the pulldown but it is not one of the actual options so I don't want the form to submit unless someone selects one of the actual roles. How do I make this helper text a value but not a selectable option to pass the form?

jengcalendly_0-1643388148854.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jengcalendly
Level 2

Re: Required Picklist Values - Customizing the helper text at the top of a required picklist

Unfortunately this did not work but I was able to click in to the top value for the picklist called Select and overwrite it so now my fields look like the attached

jengcalendly_0-1643934969169.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You want your topmost "placeholder" to have no server value (end the line with the pipe |).

Then it will not be allowed to be a final value for the Select (as long as the Select is required, of course).

Note Selects don't technically have placeholders. But this is the closest way to simulating one.
jengcalendly
Level 2

Unfortunately this did not work but I was able to click in to the top value for the picklist called Select and overwrite it so now my fields look like the attached

jengcalendly_0-1643934969169.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Looks like you did exactly what I said. What do you mean 'did not work'?