SOLVED

Using FlowBoost to Compare 2 Fields

Go to solution
Ed_Ortega1
Level 2

Using FlowBoost to Compare 2 Fields

Hey Everyone,

I recently had a need (and have had this need before in a variety of other scenarios) to compare the value in one Marketo field to the value in another Marketo field for the same record. Since Smart List filters are unable to reference 2 fields in relation to each other, and you can't use tokens in your Flow Step Choices I have been at a crossroads.

I have the need to compare a Date/Time field to another Date/Time field to see if Field 1 is after Field 2. I do use FlowBoost for populating a combined lead score and a few other things, and it seems like it might be the tool to help. I would be grateful for any guidance on how best to set that up.

Thanks!

Ed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Using FlowBoost to Compare 2 Fields

Easily done in FlowBoost, Ed!

If it’s a DateTime, it’s sent as an ISO 8601 formatted String:

"2022-02-03 14:08:05"

So you don’t even need to convert it to a real Date, since ISO 8601 format is already alphabetizable. (Meaning: the alphabetical order of ISO 8601 strings reflects the chronological order of the dates they represent. This is one reason the format is so useful.)

Just:

isField1Later = {{lead.Date Field 1}} > {{lead.Date Field 2}};

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Easily done in FlowBoost, Ed!

If it’s a DateTime, it’s sent as an ISO 8601 formatted String:

"2022-02-03 14:08:05"

So you don’t even need to convert it to a real Date, since ISO 8601 format is already alphabetizable. (Meaning: the alphabetical order of ISO 8601 strings reflects the chronological order of the dates they represent. This is one reason the format is so useful.)

Just:

isField1Later = {{lead.Date Field 1}} > {{lead.Date Field 2}};

Ed_Ortega1
Level 2

That is incredibly helpful @SanfordWhiteman! I appreciate your help!