Re: Reporting on email client

Sarah_Samuels
Level 2

Reporting on email client

Hi there

Is it possible to generate a marketo report that tells me the main email client of my leads?

Specifically I'd like to to know desktop v mobile and those who use outlook and outlook.com.

Thanks

Sarah

10 REPLIES 10
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Sarah,

This is something you can get easily from email insight.

-Greg

Sarah_Samuels
Level 2

Hi There

My email insight was showing a blank white screen all day today so maybe it will be fixed tomorrow. Thanks!

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sarah,

Have you contacted support?

-Greg

Sarah_Samuels
Level 2

Hi Greg

Seems to be ok now.

So whilst I can see device and OS, I'm unsure of how to identify Outlook users.  Is that possible?

The reason I ask is that the background image feature in Marketo templates is incompatible with certain versions of outlook, and therefore am trying to make a decision on whether to include this feature in the new email template.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sarah,

You are right, it does not drill down to the email client , only the OS (Windows). I am not even sure Marketo deliverability tools, Litmus or email on acid provide these stats.

-Greg

Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Hey Sarah, Litmus (Email Analytics - Litmus ) has the ability to do this. You just need to purchase Litmus and embed the tracking code into the Marketo email template.

- Edward

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can also match on the User-Agent(s) for Outlook -- I've posted on this before -- which, like Edward says, is something 3rd-party tools do natively.

Kiersti_Esparz1
Level 7

Marketo offers an add-on called Email Informant that does drill down to the device used to read the email. Similar to the Litmus product referenced you would need to add a pixel to your content.  With the reporting the tool offers you can see who read your campaign and for how long, drilled down to the individual recipient, device, platform, and location.

It's a newer product that we offer but if you are interested you can reach out to your CAM for more information.

Thank you,

Kiersti

Kiersti Esparza
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kiersti,

Thanks for the note. With these new reports can we know which percentage of our users read our emails with Outlook 2010 on Windows? This is the granularity level I'm looking for.

Thomas