SOLVED

Re: 'Reply to' feature in emails

Go to solution
Louise_Wright
Level 2

'Reply to' feature in emails

Hello,

I recently executed an email blast program. In the 'reply to' field I included a generic inbox email address for recipients to respond to if required. I still received out of office emails from people on my marketing list though. I assumed these would go to the generic inbox address that I included in reply to. Can someone please let me know why this wasn't the case?

Thanks,

Louise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tim_Langlois1
Level 4

Hi Louise - Automated replies like out of offices will go to the From address - it's not technically a reply. Actual replies where a person clicks the reply button will go to the Reply To.

What a lot of marketers do is to set up a rule in their email client to filter out of offices to a certain box or folder.

More here: Why are replies being sent to the 'from' address instead of the 'reply-to' address??

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tim_Langlois1
Level 4

Hi Louise - Automated replies like out of offices will go to the From address - it's not technically a reply. Actual replies where a person clicks the reply button will go to the Reply To.

What a lot of marketers do is to set up a rule in their email client to filter out of offices to a certain box or folder.

More here: Why are replies being sent to the 'from' address instead of the 'reply-to' address??

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

I came across the same thing a while back, but just moved on. Thanks Louise Bennett​ for posting this, and thanks Tim Langlois​ for answering! Glad I have an explanation now.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Automated replies like out of offices will go to the From address - it's not technically a reply.

Well... OoO will go to either the From or the envelope sender.  The envelope sender is the actual standard, but unfortunately Exchange is so dominant that it has created its own non-standard expectations.

Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

You should look into LeadGenome for auto-replies. They're awesome!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will bnbeed to change the from email address as well to eliminate auto replies