SOLVED

Re: Removing Name But Keeping SFDC Link in Alert Notifications?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Name But Keeping SFDC Link in Alert Notifications?

Hi

Currently when someone fills out a form, a notification is sent w/ their name and their name links to SFDC and Marketo record. When someone requests to be deleted from our systems (per GDPR), we'll also need to track down anyone that may have forwarded any notifications w/ the person's name associated. The concern is if this gets missed and an email notification w/ their engagement w/ us exists in someone's email. How is everyone else dealing w/ this?

Is there a way to remove a person's full name in an email alert notification of a lead, but keep the link to SFDC/Marketo? I tried looking up a token for the SFDC link or Marketo Link, but that doesn't seem to be an option b/c it is bunched in this token: {{SP_Send_Alert_Info:default=No details available at this time}}

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you search deeper (here on the Nation) for sp_send_alert_info you'll see you can build your own version using tokens.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you search deeper (here on the Nation) for sp_send_alert_info you'll see you can build your own version using tokens.

Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome thanks, i don't know why i didn't think of that!

Grant_Booth
Level 10

Try using the URL for a lead in SFDC (without the ID) and then the token. SImilar with SFDC.
For example: https://na00.salesforce.com/{{lead.SFDC ID}}

Replace "https://na00.salesforce.com/" with whatever the root URL is in your SFDC.

I prefer not to link sales reps to the Marketo activity log, because it doesn't really contain information they can't find in SFDC via Marketo Sales Insight. I found it caused confusion more than it helped.