SOLVED

Re: Remove from Nurturing When Content is Exhausted?

Go to solution
John_Westley
Level 4

Remove from Nurturing When Content is Exhausted?

I'd like to remove leads from an engagement program once all of the contend has been exhausted.

The reason being that we are going to add content that older leads may have already received through an Email Send program and I don't want the older leads to receive that content - just new leads who wouldn't have been in the Email Send Programs.

The way I'm considering removing them with a smart campaign that uses the filter Was Sent Email for each of the old pieces of content and when they have been sent all pieces remove them from the program.

Is that the best way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

I create a stream called "Finished Nurture" and I move them into that stream. It prevents them from getting re-added.

I also create lists for why people were removed from nurture and add them to that list as well as the stream.

List examples:

• Completed Nurture
  • Disqualified Lead
  • Changed to Opportunity
  • Unsubscribed

I have some more business specific reasons but this is the general concept.

Robb Barrett

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

I create a stream called "Finished Nurture" and I move them into that stream. It prevents them from getting re-added.

I also create lists for why people were removed from nurture and add them to that list as well as the stream.

List examples:

• Completed Nurture
  • Disqualified Lead
  • Changed to Opportunity
  • Unsubscribed

I have some more business specific reasons but this is the general concept.

Robb Barrett
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can generally push those leads to an empty stream.

But also keep in mind that you have other options:

• if content was sent outside the Program, and you add the same Asset ID email, the leads in the Engagement will not get the same email (at least that's what should happen).
  • If you add the new asset via a Program, you can use a filter on the Engagement Campaign to say "Not Was Sent Email X" and it won't actually send to the original people.
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

The other possibility is to pause the leads that are exhausted.

-Greg

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Is there any reporting implication of removing leads from an engagement program once they have exhausted all content?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Malik,

You should post a new question. Adding your question to the end of an old stream makes it harder for other people to see it.

-Greg