Re: Registered Trademark Symbol not displaying accurately in Marketo emails

Lindsey_Petrama
Level 1

Hi Anthony,

I tried this and it still didnt fix it. Here is the code. Any thoughts?

<div>Why not get the confidence you need from the system you know&mdash;and cut intense workloads down to size? CSC Corptax<span style="letter-spacing: 0px;"><sup>&reg;</sup></span> Provision lets you forecast taxable income based on tax reform in just a few clicks!<br />

<ul>

Lindsey Petramala
Kim_Yearwood
Level 2

Here is the code I used to correct the issue

The closest I have been able to come to a solution is a bit of a patch job that doesn't display well in Edit Draft, but does work in Preview mode

Summer Sposh<sup style="margin-left: -5px; font-size: 14px;">&reg;</sup> Sale Extended!

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 10.15.23 AM.png

Kim_Yearwood
Level 2

Also note that the font size is dependent on the font sizes you are using for the rest of the email. In my above example, our standard font size is 16px, so I sized down to 14px to create the registration mark. Hope it works for you.

Kim_Yearwood
Level 2

Also note that the font size is dependent on the font sizes you are using for the rest of the email. In my above example, our standard font size is 16px, so I sized down to 14px to create the registration mark. The margin tag is a negative 5. It can be reduced or expanded dependent on what you need. Examples: "margin-left: -3px;" or "margin-left: 7px;"

Hope it works for you.

Lindsey_Petrama
Level 1

Thanks Kim! I tried that and still have the issue :-(. Appreciate your help!

<div>Why not get the confidence you need from the system you know&mdash;and cut intense workloads down to size? CSC Corptax<sup style="margin-left: -15px; font-size: 12px;">&reg; </sup>Provision lets you forecast taxable income based on tax reform in just a few clicks!<br />

2019-02-01_12-31-29.jpg

Lindsey Petramala
Kim_Yearwood
Level 2

Another possibility could be hidden spaces in your html between the "x" in Corptax and the registration mark. To see if this is so, copy and paste the code into Dreamweaver (or similar) and delete any spacing between the "x" and the registration mark. Then hit the space bar to create one space.

We found that copying text from MSWord to Marketo sometimes creates hidden spaces & that is how we delete them. You can give it a try.

Anna_Blanchet1
Level 4

Hi Lindsey,

I had a similar issue and tried Anthony's fix. It worked!

Make sure to put <span style="letter-spacing: 0px;"> before the word the precedes the register mark. So before the word "Corptax"

Example:

CSC <span style="letter-spacing: 0px;">Corptax<sup>&reg;</sup></span> Provision