SOLVED

Re: References that don't show up in "Field Used By"

Go to solution
anne_sample_f5
Level 4

References that don't show up in "Field Used By"

I've noticed recently that it's possible for a field to be referenced by certain objects in Marketo - such as Launchpoint services like LinkedIn Lead Gen, and Revenue Cycle Analytics - and yet still have the "Field Used By" list show as blank. (RCE does show a helpful error message when trying to hide/modify a field, but still isn't visible on the list.)

anne_sample_f5_1-1691794876681.png

Are there other objects that anyone has seen reference a field without it showing in "Field Used By?"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Hi @anne_sample_f5 ,

I had a situation in the past where a private report in Analytics referenced a field or custom object; I believe it didn't show up in the "used by" list because I didn't have access to the private report, which was owned by another user - who I think wasn't even at the organization anymore. I worked with Marketo Support to identify the usage. They were able to remove it on the back end, I believe we opted to just have them delete the old private report.

Cheers,

Beth Massura

2022 Adobe Marketo Engage Champion

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Hi @anne_sample_f5 ,

I had a situation in the past where a private report in Analytics referenced a field or custom object; I believe it didn't show up in the "used by" list because I didn't have access to the private report, which was owned by another user - who I think wasn't even at the organization anymore. I worked with Marketo Support to identify the usage. They were able to remove it on the back end, I believe we opted to just have them delete the old private report.

Cheers,

Beth Massura

2022 Adobe Marketo Engage Champion

Michael_Florin
Level 10

This might be only remotely related, but there a more cases where "Used By" is tricky:

• Smart Lists are not displayed in "Used By" when they are used as Custom Columns in People Performance Reports and thus can freely be deleted. We usually work around that by saving these Smart Lists in folders named "Custom Columns".
  • Smart Campaigns might display "Used By" a webhook even if that webhook was deleted. You have to reach out to Support if you wanted to delete that Smart Campaign.