Re: Recovering Deleted Leads

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recovering Deleted Leads

Is there a way to recover leads that have been deleted from the Marketo System?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they were not also deleted in SFDC/CRM then they can be resynced.

Otherwise, no.
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were not deleted from the CRM. How do I sync? I do not have SFDC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make a change on the leads (such as changing a non essential field). Save that change. Marketo will see that the lead is updated and resync it back to Marketo.

At least, that works in SFDC.
jtoohey
Level 1

We have a similar issue. We had an Operational program in Marketo that went off the rails (wrong logic in the smart campaign) that accidentally deleted some records from Marketo but left them in sfdc. I would like to push those people (Contacts) back from sfdc into Marketo. If I create a report in sfdc and add them to a campaign in sfdc, will that trigger the Marketo Sfdc sync and push the leads back into Marketo?

If not, would you recommend I re-upload these people back into a list in Marketo to trigger the sync?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to add a checkbox field to your CRM records called Force Update, which you can mass update whenever the need arises to force a synch from the CRM back to Marketo. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

One of our standard practices is to export all the Marketo lead records each month and archive the file.  This does not preserve their activity history, but does provide some measure of protection for the accidental deletion from Marketo and Salesforce.