Re: Recommendations to make Nurture Tracks collaborative with Sales

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recommendations to make Nurture Tracks collaborative with Sales

Hello Marketo Community,

We have recently rebuilt a bunch of nurture tracks so that we have separate programs by product, region, and buyer stage. Trouble is, we'd like to make nurture activity more accessible and visible to the sales team, because they currently have almost none.

I have floated the idea of building a "Nurture" field set in SFDC that would show if a lead was being nurtured, and in which track. In the past we have also used MSI to do some of this.

Hoping for ideas from Marketo Rockstars who have been down this road before...what has worked and what doesn't, by your experience? Thanks everyone!

4 REPLIES 4
David_Gaible
Level 7

Hi Nathan,

I've run into a similar conundrum, and solved it with interesting moments. I flag an interesting moment anytime a lead enters a mid- to bottom-funnel nurture. The rep sees the Interesting Moment, and can then go use MSI look at the particular emails that were sent/opened. We've got strict rules to ensure that a lead is only in one mid- or bottom-funnel engagement programs at one time, so when a rep sees the 'Enters Product xx Nurture' Interesting Moment, she knows the lead will be receiving product xx emails for the next several weeks.

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Hi Nathan,

I would manage the notifications in the same way as David.  Additionally, if you want to inform your sales team as to which campaigns the lead(s) are currently and have been active within, I would recommend that you sync your engagement program with a SFDC campaign and use program statuses to indicate their status in the overall nurture. 

David_Gaible
Level 7

Chris Willis​ - great call updating program statuses.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would definitely recommend leveraging SFDC Campaigns for this. As Chris pointed out, not only will campaign membership and statuses provide visibility to your sales team, but it also provides another layer of sales enablement. In the past we've set up "sales support" nurture tracks, which sales can add  prospects to by adding them to SFDC campaigns.