SOLVED

Re: Rearranging page Templates and Landing pages

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rearranging page Templates and Landing pages

Hey there,

This is probably the simplest question of all, however I'm such a novice in using Marketo and I want to make sure that I don't make a huge mistake. I have two folders one with landing pages and one with templates. Within these folders there is a mixture of pages that are in production (live) and pages that are a work in progress. I now would like to organize these to separate the pages that are still a work in progress but I want to make sure that moving the files around will not affect the anything. Meaning that the live pages suddenly will not work because I dragged them into a production folder. I ran a test creating a test template and a test landing page and have been moving them around and nothing seems to change ... but I want to make 100% sure so I figured I could still ask. I have searched support for something explaining this but could not find anything.

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

As a novice, you've already done the right thing by testing it out and making sure there are no problems.  You've definitely answered your own question and I can confirm for you that nothing will break by moving around your assets as far as I know.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

As a novice, you've already done the right thing by testing it out and making sure there are no problems.  You've definitely answered your own question and I can confirm for you that nothing will break by moving around your assets as far as I know.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Correct. This was actually answered yesterday too.

Things that ARE affected by movement:

• Moving emails from Design>Program - name will change
  • Smart Campaign to another Program - name will change, but flow steps WON'T and you could ruin attribution.
  • Marketing activities folders -
    • may cause an error if you move alot of sub assets.
    • folder tokens may break if you move programs or folders up a level in the tree (or down a level).
    • Archiving - hides the folder or asset from the rest of the system...may break stuff sometimes.