SOLVED

Re: Read More functionality in Marketo emails

Go to solution
smithar
Level 1

Read More functionality in Marketo emails

Hi all,

Has anyone tried to implement a "Read More" or Show/Hide content in Marketo emails? I am not looking to create dynamic content - I want to display just the first module in the email template to all users and add a Read More link below it. If the users click the link, the rest of the email is displayed.

Many thanks,

Smitha.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Chelsea_Stinnet
Level 3

Hi Smitha,

The functionality you're describing is not supported in email. Coding for email is difficult because there are a high number of platforms and environments that must be accounted for. The options for email functionality are quite limited because of this. A good alternative would be linking to a webpage that offers the hide/display more functionality that you're looking for. Best of luck!

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

One thing to note is there are 2 mail clients that do support this functionality: iOS Mail and (weirdly) Outlook for Mac. However, I think it's impossible to build content that falls back properly for all other clients.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chelsea_Stinnet
Level 3

Hi Smitha,

The functionality you're describing is not supported in email. Coding for email is difficult because there are a high number of platforms and environments that must be accounted for. The options for email functionality are quite limited because of this. A good alternative would be linking to a webpage that offers the hide/display more functionality that you're looking for. Best of luck!

smithar
Level 1

Thanks so much for the prompt response, Chelsea. Too bad about not being able to implement the desired functionality.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

One thing to note is there are 2 mail clients that do support this functionality: iOS Mail and (weirdly) Outlook for Mac. However, I think it's impossible to build content that falls back properly for all other clients.