SOLVED

Re: Random Sample for Email Send

Go to solution
Rafael_Marques
Level 2

Random Sample for Email Send

Hi team,

I have a question about the 'Random Sample' feature in the flow step. I've looked in other topics and they solution looked different to what I was looking for (sorry if looked in the wrong place). Basically we want to send a Survey for a % of our database. This is not an A/B Test.

I have a database of 10,000 people and we would like to send an email with a survey link for only 30% of this database. I would like to avoid having to do it manually. We just need to send the email and nothing else.

I know I can add 'Random Sample IS 30'. Is this the best way to select a percentage of your audience to receive a basic email? Is there a better way to do it?

Thank you all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

That's fine, assuming you're not trying to do any AB testing (or implicitly the B is "no email").

Just realize Random Sample doesn't guarantee distributions across domains. That is, you could have 10 people  @ first.example and 90 addresses @ second.example and 10% could send all to first.example. Nature of randomness!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

That's fine, assuming you're not trying to do any AB testing (or implicitly the B is "no email").

Just realize Random Sample doesn't guarantee distributions across domains. That is, you could have 10 people  @ first.example and 90 addresses @ second.example and 10% could send all to first.example. Nature of randomness!

Rafael_Marques
Level 2

Great! Thank you.

Our goal is very simple. We have a Smart List to find these 10k people and we just want to send for 30% of this audience. There is no other flow step and it is not an A/B Test campaign. It is actually a very basic email with a link to a Survey.

The distribution across domains shouldn't be a problem for us but I'll report that internally.

Thanks again!