SOLVED

"head start" pulls up-to-date data?

Go to solution
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

"head start" pulls up-to-date data?

I want to send a 30-min reminder for a webinar; I've noticed that my previous efforts were going out in batch campaigns that took up to 45-min to send, essentially AFTER the webinar had already started. My question to confirm is if I use the 'head start' option, and I believe it pulls data 12-hours before the send time; if someone registers within that 12-hours will they get the reminder as well? Essentially, does it pull the main data 12 hours before, and then pull any stragglers X-time before as well?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: "head start" pulls up-to-date data?

JD,

Head start will actually "lock" the program when it begins processing 12 hours before. That means no new leads will qualify for the smart list. Basically the smart list in the email program becomes a static list when head start begins.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

JD,

Head start will actually "lock" the program when it begins processing 12 hours before. That means no new leads will qualify for the smart list. Basically the smart list in the email program becomes a static list when head start begins.

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

That's what I was afraid of. So ultimately I need a 'head start' campaign and a 'last 12-hours' campaign... ? duplicating work for efficiency... seems redundant. 😛