SOLVED

Re: "Final" Smart List Continually Updated until all Flow parameters met before Email Sent?

Go to solution
nhabischWings
Level 5

"Final" Smart List Continually Updated until all Flow parameters met before Email Sent?

Hello all,

Sorry for reiterating likely simple questions, but here's my situation:

Smart List:

- Trigger = Email A is delivered

- Member of Program B

- Boolean Days Since Last Card Activation (Between 21 and 60 ) - This is for a Debit Card activation

- Unsubscribed = False

Flow Steps:

- Wait = 15 Days

- Send Email B

Thought process is this:

1) Customer gets Email A, triggering the next step listed above

2) After 15 days the customer will get Email B

The question is: Does the Smart List criteria continually update until the 15 days is over and Email B is sent? Essentially the point of this is a reminder email if a customer has not activated their debit card by the time Email B is ready to send. 21 days after a first activation email and before 60 days (Where Email B is in the process).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: "Final" Smart List Continually Updated until all Flow parameters met before Email Sent?

I hope I understand your question, but if I do, the answer is: Absolutely not.

Your Smart List is evaluated exactly once: When Email A is delivered. If all additional filters apply at that point in time, a person qualifies for the flow steps.

If you want continous checking of conditions, run it as a recurring batch.

Was Email A delivered today? - check AND

Is Member of Program B? - check AND

Credit Card activation time frame okay? - check AND

Subscribed? - check

Now run my flow steps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Michael_Florin
Level 10

I hope I understand your question, but if I do, the answer is: Absolutely not.

Your Smart List is evaluated exactly once: When Email A is delivered. If all additional filters apply at that point in time, a person qualifies for the flow steps.

If you want continous checking of conditions, run it as a recurring batch.

Was Email A delivered today? - check AND

Is Member of Program B? - check AND

Credit Card activation time frame okay? - check AND

Subscribed? - check

Now run my flow steps.

nhabischWings
Level 5

Thank you!

What would be the best way to setup a progression like this:

1) Card opened - send email

2) If card not activated in 21 days, send email

We use a "Days Since" field that tracks how many days since last card activation. So I'm assuming I would put that at 21 and then remove the "Wait" flow step?

Michael_Florin
Level 10

I'm experiencing a déjà vu 🙂

Very similar to what we discussed here: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/testing-a-long-drip-campaign/m-p/313355#M176999

A wait step is a solid procedure. Send Email A, Wait X Days, and then send Email B with the additional constraint that the card was not activated. Or Wait X Day and then remove from campaign if the card was activated.

nhabischWings
Level 5

Whoops, yep. Thank you for your help! 🙂