Re: Quickest way to export your entire database?

Malik_Zafar2
Level 4

Quickest way to export your entire database?

We moved to a new instance of MKTO and are going to lose access to our old one pretty soon - we want to export the entire database in our old instance for historical purposes. However, we have over 1 million records and it's taking a VERY long time just to export records who have emails that start with "A".

Is there a quicker way to do this?

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The Bulk Lead Extract API.

Malik_Zafar2
Level 4

can you expand on this Sanford? No idea what that means, thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

Malik_Zafar2
Level 4

for the not-so-technologically-savvy, what does this document mean? I did read this earlier, but I got lost pretty fast.

Without knowing about APIs or how to interact with one, can a beginner export this data or does this require some more advanced technical knowledge?

Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Hi, you would need an API developer to leverage the Bulk Lead Extract API; unfortunately it isn't beginner-friendly and requires technical expertise. You might want to consider working with a Launchpoint partner or Marketo professional services in order to complete your one-time export.

SanfordWhiteman

I think without any exposure to HTTP APIs, this will be over your head.

Queueing and running a manual job (a single job if all your exported fields can fit in the 500 MB daily limit) isn't a sophisticated technical task. It doesn't require any "coding" per se (you can hit the API endpoints using a command-line tool like cURL). But it isn't a non-technical task, either.