Question re: Salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

Question re: Salesforce

If a Lead is killed in Salesforce it is marked as Dead.

What happens when a person fills out another form after creating the initial lead?  If the Lead is dead in Salesforce does it get rejuvenated?  Why would another lead not be created?

We aren't creating a new contact or account – just a new lead record…..

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Question re: Salesforce

Tim,

When you say "Dead' do you mean the Lead Status=Dead or that the Lead is deleted?

When a Lead is Deleted in SFDC, it is not deleted in Marketo unless you explicitly did that via Marketo when you do the flow action "Delete Lead, Delete in SFDC = True"

So if a Lead is deleted only in SFDC, when the Lead returns to Marketo via your form, they may end up resyncing to SFDC. So yes, a "new" lead will be created in SFDC in this case--but NOT in Marketo...it will just be updated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question re: Salesforce

Josh - I mean the Lead Status= Dead.  We don't seem to ever delete any leads from Salesforce.

What I want to occur is that when someone submits a 2nd or 3rd form that a new Lead record is created in Salesforce - this will then start our process for qualifying that lead.

Based on what you say this will happen - the lead remains in Marketo always but whenever they Convert again a new lead will be created in Salesforce, right?

Do I have to configure anything to ensure this happens?