SOLVED

Re: Question on Zoom Webinar Integration

Go to solution
Rod_Allen
Level 1

Thanks Shirleen! It seems like it would be a nightmare to try and manage. I am hoping that we stay with GotoWebinar.

Broderick_Klem1
Level 4

We use Zoom to manage our webinars and we run our registrations and everything through Marketo. We do about 8 webinars a month that are all available for registration at the same time and it's simple to manage. What concerns do you have? I'm happy to help if needed.

Nicole_Gibbs
Level 1

Hi Broderick,

We are in the process of transitioning to Zoom from GTW and also have several registrations open at one time. How do you manage this? Do you create a new webhook for each webinar or is there a better/easier way to accomplish this?

Broderick_Klem1
Level 4

You only need a single webhook for Zoom, just use the webinar ID as a token for each program (1 program for each zoom webinar). Here is what the webhook looks like:

https://www.zoom.us/v1/webinar/register?id={{my.zoomWebinarId}}&first_name={{lead.First Name}}&last_name={{lead.Last Name}}&email={{lead.Email Address}}&api_key=XXXX&api_secret=XXXX

Broderick_Klem1
Level 4

Also, if you want to have a single form that lets them register for multiple webinars, you can just put the webinar ID field into the form as well and have it be a field that is pushed with the webhook as well. (e.g. instead of "{{my.zoomWebinarId}}" it would be "{{lead.zoomWebinarId}}". Then in the form you'd have a select field with multiple values:

Webinar 1 | 123-456-781

Webinar 2 | 123-456-782

etc

This way is useful if you just want to use 1 marketo form to let them register for multiple possible webinars (like if there are multiple times/dates for a given webinar), but this method isn't useful if you want to send emails and track program status in Marketo. In which case, you'd need to stick with 1 program -> 1 webinar.

Jon_Wright
Level 4

Hi Broderick - could you explain how you handle multiple webinars running at the same time with one webhook, given that someone registering for more than 1 webinars would just have their join_url overwritten with the last value? So any reminder emails etc might not necessarily contain the correct webinar url. But maybe I'm missing something.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You're right, Jon, you can't do this with a single webhook definition. You need multiple 'hooks defined, each mapping join_url to a different destination field (1stUpcomingZoomURL, 2ndUpcomingZoomURL, 3rdUpcomingZoomURL, etc.)

(Or you could use another non-Zoom webhook as a gateway to coalesce the different responses into one field, but that's needless to say an advanced take.)

Broderick_Klem1
Level 4

I run several webinars a month and use only one webhook, however, we just let Zoom send the reminder and confirmation emails, so we don't even use the join_url webhook response, which is why it's possible.

公一_谷風
Level 6 - Japan Marketo Champion

Hi, Broderick

I tried IF construction, but registrants on marketo were not sent to zoom.

registrant on zoom were sent to marketo successfully.

I wonder my configration about "join_URL" is wrong.

pastedImage_3.png

I do not intend to handle multiple webinar.

Could you give me some advice?

regards, Koichi,Japan.

Gursimran_Chand
Level 4

Hi Koichi,

Check the error you are getting by going to registered person's web activity. Most probably, you must be getting API key error.