Re: Querying off of Query Parameters

Justin_Krikland
Level 2

Querying off of Query Parameters

Our website doesn't allow for the full page address to appear in web activity, just the main domain (not the actual page). However, this info does appear in the Query Parameters line under the Activity Log (in the lead record).

Is there a way to create an interesting moment or query off of the text contained in "Query Parameters"?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is, but the method doesn't scale out very well. There is an idea open is asking Marketo if we can return the value of the query parameters into a field.

Currently, you'd have to create a smart campaign with a "visits web page" trigger, then use the querystring criteria for the exact value you want. Again, this works if you only have a few specific values you're looking for, but won't work well if there are a bunch of values.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I thought you could pass Querystring to another field using the Query or Original Referrer field? Not so automatic though unless you setup a flow to handle that and then pass that to an Interesting Moment.

You can use the Trigger. tokens to identify the Web Page in the IM.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh,

There may have been an update recently, but I remember investigating this in great length awhile ago and I was not able to figure out a way to pass the querystring value.

But perhaps it was due to my denseness 🙂