Re: Query Activity Log for Sync errors

Rohit_Gangishet
Level 2

Query Activity Log for Sync errors

We had some issue with Salesforce - Marketo Sync for certain records. We found the reason for the sync errors to be 'Record ID Type' mismatch for contacts in both the systems.

Now to fix the issue for all the records that have failed to sync, is there a way to query the person activity log or something?  I tried to read about it but didn't find any related articles.

I would be great if someone can fill in and help me understand!

3 REPLIES 3
Tyron_Pretorius
Level 8 - Champion

If the Marketo leads failed the first time they tried to sync then the "SFDC Type" field on the person will be empty since they have never synced to SFDC so you can use this "SFDC Type" field in a smart list to gather these "never-synced" leads

If the leads have synced to SFDC before and failed in a subsequent sync then this is hard to find. 

As for querying the leads' activity logs for sync errors this does not seem possible from the API docs: https://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/lead-database/activities/#query_types

If a smart campaign was responsible for syncing the leads then you can use an "Activity Filter" in the results tab to bring in all the failed sync events for all the leads in one view. Then you can export this as a CSV, delete columns except for the email column, then re-upload this list of emails as a static list and then use this in subsequent cleanup campaigns.

Tyron_Pretorius_0-1612299119329.png

Tyron Pretorius
Rohit_Gangishet
Level 2

Thank you @Tyron_Pretorius for your response. My case here is for records that were synced in the past but failed later.  And, a single smart campaign doesn't sync the records to check it that way 😐

Rohit_Gangishet
Level 2

@SanfordWhiteman , Could you provide some suggestions/help here.