Re: Purposeful duplicates via form submission using partition id as hidden form

SchhorNavitas
Level 2

Purposeful duplicates via form submission using partition id as hidden form

Hi,

Is it possible to use lead partition as hidden field on form?

Would like to allow record with the same email to exists in multiple partitions but not on one partition using partition id as custom dedupe field.

• There are three workspaces with each workspace links to multiple partitions
  • Ensuring that form is linked to one partition 
    • Any form submission will only create/update record of that partition only without any partition management to move record from default partition to the correct partition
Form Submission Workspace Partition Email Status
#1 A 1 a@gmail.com New record created in partition 1
#2 A 2 a@gmail.com New record created in partition 2
#3 A 1 a@gmail.com Record updated in partition 1
#4 B 3 a@gmail.com New record created in partition 3
#5 B 4 a@gmail.com New record created in partition 4
#6 B 4 a@gmail.com Record updated in partition 4

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

A form submission will create the record in the workspace's default partition as a standard, so I imagine you do not need to include the partition id on the form. Other than that, you can indeed set up the partition id as a second dedupe field.

SchhorNavitas
Level 2

Hi Katja, unfortunately, this is not possible since a workspace has access to multiple partition and the primary partition might not be the intended partition for the record. I have tested this extensively with this setup via list import and form filled out. Record will automatically created on the primary partition and will require partition management to send it to the correct partition and thus duplicate record. No issue via API as you can define it.

I am looking at alternate solution on this.

Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Katja is referring to having the partition be part of a compound dedupe key. You can’t do that yourself, it’s done by Support.

SchhorNavitas
Level 2

Yes, that's already been done. Support has set partition id as custom dedupe field at the time I wrote the post initially. The one I was missing is the setup where workspace can only access one partition for partition id as custom dedupe field to work.

I am looking at custom field as the second compound key instead to be applied across all method as you can use custom field as hidden field on form and partition management programs to move them to the correct partition. Testing still pending, waiting for support to modify.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

If you have multiple partitions, but not multiple workspaces then indeed the automatic assignment will not work and you would need to include the partition as a hidden field on the form. That would mean though that you need a separate form for each partition.

SchhorNavitas
Level 2

Thanks Katja, sadly partition id is system field thus is not available to be used as hidden field on form. I was hoping that this can be done since lead partition is the best practice for intentional dupes across partition.