Re: Prospective Customers - Automated Email Program | Mixing marketing emails with sales directed emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Prospective Customers - Automated Email Program | Mixing marketing emails with sales directed emails

We have experienced our highest open rates when the email is sent directly from a person - obviously. Currently our prospective customers email program consists of 7+ HTML emails sent from a marketing email address of sorts. I would like to incorporate a text only email, that is customized from the internal sales rep of that account in hopes that we can email a larger audience and have the email sound customized. However, our lead gean team currently already send emails independent of the prospecting campaign. They all have smaller campaigns in SFDC they are nurturing independently. If they are successfully emailing and getting results independent from marketing - I don't want to upset that flow.

• What suggestions does the community have on this?
  • Do you separate the two?
  • Are any of you combining these two approaches in the same strategy?
  • Where is the line in the sand?

Interested in everyone's thoughts!

-Marin

1 REPLY 1
Sara_Greaves
Level 5

Re: Prospective Customers - Automated Email Program | Mixing marketing emails with sales directed emails

Hi Marin,

Have you considered building an engagement program that is all text emails (to make it look like the ones the reps are sending)? You can use tokens to personalize the email from field so that it looks like it's from the rep, and you can use other tokens throughout the body to personalize the message as you see fit. Is there a way that you can work with the sales team to have them tell you the types of emails they're sending and at what intervals? I think the sales team would appreciate you taking some of the work off their plate.