SOLVED

Re: Progressive Profiling/Form Prefill on Embedded form

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Progressive Profiling/Form Prefill on Embedded form

Hello all,

I understand that, form prefill doesn't work when embedding a form on webpage.

Isn't there any way? really?

TIA.

Syed

H
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

46 REPLIES 46
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Syed,

Progressive profiling does work on embedded forms.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you elaborate? I think the progressive profiling works, but the pre-fill and "Known/Not Known" visitor functionality does not. Is there any documentation on how we could use these settings on external pages? We're trying to work through it with our web developer.

Thanks,

Justin

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Known Lead HTML and ProgPro both work on embedded forms.  There's no special documentation necessary because they work automatically.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case for us. We're embedding them in Wordpress pages and while the forms are showing the correct number of fields we ask progressive profiling to show, the pre-fill and "known/not known" visitor functionality is not working. I contacted Marketo support about this and they mentioned it's only guaranteed to work on Marketo landing pages and may work on external pages.

SanfordWhiteman

I never said Prefill worked, though.  That's a critical difference.  A lot of people confuse ProgPro and Prefill because they assume they are interdependent, when in fact ProgPro only requires that the client (browser) know whether a field has a value or not.  Because that doesn't constitute a security risk/PII leakage, it does work with embedded forms.

Similarly, Known Lead HTML only leaks first + last name and is allowed to work with embeds.

Can you send me a link to a URL where you have ProgPro and Known Lead HTML both enabled?  Never trust "may."

Anonymous
Not applicable

The progressive profiling was working, and now it's just showing every field every time. An example is here: https://www1.taskstream.com/resource/getting-the-most-from-edtpa-for-program-improvement/.

If you click on the thumbnail, the form will pop up.

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

pastedImage_0.png

Robb Barrett
SanfordWhiteman

I've just discovered a regression in Forms2 that breaks this functionality.  You (and I) are correct that it was working and stopped.

Justin Cooperman​ please contact me directly for into.