SOLVED

Re: Progressive Profiling Field Order

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Progressive Profiling Field Order

I'm trying to set up progressive profiling in forms 2.0 - we had successfully done this in the old forms but I want to set the order of the progressive fields and it does not seem like we are able to do so. For example, first visit show 1,2,3 and then second visit show 4,5,6.... In fact, right now, all fields are showing up from the get-go. Any help? Tried searching the community but it's terrible now - impossible to find any information in here. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ashley,

So you have 4 fields in the progressive profiling section. What are the fields at the top of the forms (the "always show" fields), above the hidden ones ?

And what is the setting of the progressive profiling section (click the "Progressive Profiling" box title) ?

-Greg

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Pretty sure the fields are supposed to appear in form order (the order you see in the editor).  How many fields did you set to show?  Can you post some screenshots/links to your form setup?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form-screenshot.PNG

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Click on the Progressive Profile group itself: what is the maximum # of fields to show?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ashley,

So you have 4 fields in the progressive profiling section. What are the fields at the top of the forms (the "always show" fields), above the hidden ones ?

And what is the setting of the progressive profiling section (click the "Progressive Profiling" box title) ?

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah - so the one single thing I didn't do....select the entire box.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ashley,

The complete process to set it up is :

1. On the form designer, click the "Next" button on the top right until you get to the "settings" tab. Enable the progressive profiling
  2. Go back to the "field details" step of the form creation assistant (on the left of the screen). The "progressive profiling" box will be there.
  3. Click the "progressive profiling" and on the right, set the number of fields you want to appear each time. I your case, it seems it's 3.
  4. Add the fields you want to set as progressive in that "progressive profiling" box, in the order you want them to appear. All the fields that are out of the box will always appear. The fields inside the box will appear 3 by 3, only the empty fields will appear.
  5. Click the finish, the save and approve

It seems to me that you have not done the step 4 correctly. you probably have 3 fields outside the box (always diplayed) and 3 fields in (displayed 3 at a time), so you have 6 fields that show up.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Gregoire.

Am I missing something? Screenshot attached. I had this all set up as you said already but I just don't see the number of fields box. This is all I see. Form-screenshot.PNG

John_Clark1
Level 10

Also, keep in mind that if your first 3 fields are set to "Always Show" then they aren't considered part of the progressive profiling, and 3 fields besides those would be shown each time.  That could account for why all 6 are showing in the beginning.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

That was my initial thought, too, but they aren't set to "Always Show"