Re: Program Type and channel - Email Conversions

Deeps
Level 4

Program Type and channel - Email Conversions

Hi @SanfordWhiteman ,

Please help with this query,

What should be the program type and channel type - To track form fills from marketo landing page via email program (email CTA has a link to marketo landing page)

Gated form on the marketo landing page to download white paper.

As of now we have program template for email conversions on website landing page (program type being website email and channel being website)

This is the first ever program to track email conversions on marketo landing page.

Look forward for your response

Thanks in advance.

Deepthi.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hi,

I am not @SanfordWhiteman , but most experienced Marketo users are comfortable around channels. Hope you also appreciate feedback from others 😉.

Your description is a little vague, but from what you describe you are sending out an email with a CTA to go to a landing page where people can fill out a form. That is a classical set up for a channel like (Web) Content. It depends a little bit on how your instance is set up and whether you have the out of the box or custom channels. But typically a channel with a name like that will have program statuses like Member (you sent them the email), Engaged (they clicked through to the landing page) and Filled out form.

If you have admin permission, you can go to the Admin section and review the channels that are set up under Tags. Also check internally whether you have any conventions in place for this.

Hope this helps.

Deeps
Level 4

Hi  Katja_Keesom,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Yes that's right - sending out an email with a CTA to go to a landing page where people can fill out a form.

This is the first time we are doing this campaign - email conversions on marketo landing page.

We have 'content asset as the channel' for all content type's - case study, white paper, ebook etc.

The way we have set up the programs is traffic coming from traffic driver programs will also qualify to the content asset program.

For example:

we have  website email  traffic driver program (channel is website) - to track form fills from email conversions on a website landing page.

Qualifying for website email program will also qualify for content asset program (channel is content) - to track people engaging with particular content type.

Now in the program I want to build email conversions from marketo landing page, I want to apply same logic as above.

Build a traffic driver program something like this - Marketo LP Email Traffic driver program (wondering what should be the channel), qualifying for this program will also qualifying for content asset program.

I checked the channel tag in the admin section, I can add new channel tag value.

Thanks,

Deepthi.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Phew, sounds like a customized setup and a bit more complicated than I would have set it up. But I'm sure you have a use case for it.

If you have access to the admin section, all I can say is review the channels that have been set up and see whether there is one with the program status values you need and if not, create a new channel or adjust an existing one. I would expect there is something already there you can use, as sending emails to drive traffic to a gated content page is a common enough use case.