SOLVED

Re: Program Status for Engagement Program

Go to solution
Julz_James
Level 10

Program Status for Engagement Program

Hi,

I've set up an engagement program and I want to set up Program Statuses, but obviously multiple emails will be going oout, along with multiple landing pages etc.  I want to be able to show leads progress through the various statuses, however, I'm worried that leads could jump back and forth through the statuses as the multple emails and landing pages are interacted with.

Can anyone confirm if leads will go back and forth in an engagement program?

Thanks

Juli
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

With progression statuses you can only go forwards, not backwards. 

If you want to track progression for the individual sends, you can make each email send it's own program within the engagement with it's own program statuses. These programs could then be the basis for your reporting, with the engagement program being more the mechanism used to activate the various programs. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

With progression statuses you can only go forwards, not backwards. 

If you want to track progression for the individual sends, you can make each email send it's own program within the engagement with it's own program statuses. These programs could then be the basis for your reporting, with the engagement program being more the mechanism used to activate the various programs. 
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

For Engagements I recommend that your statuses match the goals for nurturing. It is ok if you want to have the statuses match your funnel statuss. A better way is to:
  • Clicked (at least one email)
  • Filled out Form (or Engaged)
  • Reached Goal (whatever that is)
  • Unsubscribed (failed)
Julz_James
Level 10

Thanks guys.  I want to track 'overall' success of all the emails and landing pages within the track, so I think what I've done is correct.

'Clicked Link in Email' = All in Nurture Track = Nuture>clicked

so even if they get sent 3 emails, but only click in 1 they'll sit in the 'clicked' status?

Thanks

Juli
Rich_Miller2
Level 2

Hello Juli,

How did you end up setting things up?

I think it is better to have clear statuses at the engagement program level and use that to track the overall success of the program (so when someone clicks on the mail, you update the mail status to clicked, but also update the engagement program status to clicked). You should track individual mail successes, but they can be tricky to roll up to the engagement program.

Seems like a best practice to have it at the engagement level and email level. But I know there are some folks out there that just like to have it at the email level and then do a manual rollup.

Thanks,
RM