SOLVED

Re: Program Member Custom Fields: Subscription Reports

Go to solution
Stephen_Moore
Level 2

Program Member Custom Fields: Subscription Reports

Hi,

We recently stated using the Program Member Custom Fields to capture data for our in-person events.
Is there a way to create a subscription report and include the values from these fields?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I'm afraid not. The only way to show these fields is in the context of the program, so in the Program Members tab. You can export from there, but you cannot set a subscription to it. The only way to send something automatically to yourself is to temporarily copy the values over to a person field when your subscription is set and then blank out the field again after the report was set.

PMCF fields meet some very important use cases, but still have a few difficulties in working with them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Katja_Keesom

I'm afraid not. The only way to show these fields is in the context of the program, so in the Program Members tab. You can export from there, but you cannot set a subscription to it. The only way to send something automatically to yourself is to temporarily copy the values over to a person field when your subscription is set and then blank out the field again after the report was set.

PMCF fields meet some very important use cases, but still have a few difficulties in working with them.

Darshil_Shah1

Agreed with Katja here! I see it is a challenge faced by many users currently employing the PMCFs. However, at the same time, I get that not only it'd be pretty convoluted for the product team to implement this, but also for users to parse the data from the report even if such a report existed. A person could be a member of multiple programs and in each program, they could have different PMCF fields' values. Also, this data is stored on the Program Member object and not on the Person Object, so there could be some challenges in bringing data from multiple objects (Person, Program, and Program Member objects) in the same report too.