Re: Program Level Tokens

Anonymous
Not applicable

Program Level Tokens

Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to do tokens at a product level.

For example, I would like to do a folder for all Internet customers, but in that folder I need tokens to populate the different types of products that each person has.

For example, Internet customers could have just internet, or they could have TV and internet. They could also have TV, Internet, and Voice services. I want an email to populate with tokens, based off of what service they have and have that email go out to the consumer. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could do this?

I know in the Marketo Summit Session from last year, Microsoft did something similar and just would move their asset from folder to folder and it would change, but I am not sure how to go about doing this.  The Marketing Nation Summit, May 9-12, 2016 – Marketo - Sessions

Please let me know if anyone has any insights!

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

I felt the presentation was very clear and is your best bet (better than this response post I wrote) in getting a better picture of what you're trying to accomplish.  It is not a step by step tutorial but assumes that you are familiar with all of the features, like tokens, assets, cloning, etc. 

My question is, what about the presentation was confusing that we can help clarify for you? If it was everything, you may want to just get in contact with a consultant that can personally help you learn all of this stuff if that is your intention. 

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would consider Dynamic Content+Segmentations or Snippets. I understand the possibilities for tokens here, however, the foldering in this situation could limit you.

There are a lot of options, with segmentations being ideal. Take a look also at the Token Presentations from Adam New-Waterson and Jeff Shearer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh! That presentation is also very helpful.