SOLVED

Re: problem with emailing deliverability

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

problem with emailing deliverability

Dear Marketo team,

We have installed marketo in our company since 6 months, but we have a big problem with the e-mails’s deliverability , the opening rate has dropped by 40% in comparison to mailchimp, but especially the emails go to spam, even the in-house sample testing,

we think there is a problem with the setting, would you help us?
Regards,
Meriem
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Srujan_Vishwana
Level 4

Hi Meriem Merimeche

I have experienced this problem in my previous place of work when a new instance was installed but the Marketo support team told us that we should expect a high bounce rate initially and that it was normal. To counter this, we staggered our email launches during the first month. Example - If we had a total of 100,000 emails to send we were advised to launch only 20,000 per day over 5 days to reduce the email bounce. This helped us. Maybe you can try this with your instance.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,
Srujan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There's a lot of discussion around deliverability here on the community: https://nation.marketo.com/search.jspa?q=email%20deliverability

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Could be a shared IP issue or possibly emailing more people than Mailchimp was. Remember, Mailchimp automatically blocks inactive emails, bounces, etc. In Marketo, you must setup workflows to handle that.

Also check that you have everything set up properly: Deliverability - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Srujan_Vishwana
Level 4

Hi Meriem Merimeche

I have experienced this problem in my previous place of work when a new instance was installed but the Marketo support team told us that we should expect a high bounce rate initially and that it was normal. To counter this, we staggered our email launches during the first month. Example - If we had a total of 100,000 emails to send we were advised to launch only 20,000 per day over 5 days to reduce the email bounce. This helped us. Maybe you can try this with your instance.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,
Srujan