Re: Preserving Lead Source When Leads Are Passed to SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Preserving Lead Source When Leads Are Passed to SFDC

I have process flows in place that move leads from Salesforce -> Marketo and back again based on activity and lead status. So when one of my sales people places someone in Recycle, the lead is removed from SFDC and moved back to Marketo and assigned a nurture track. When they are ready, they go back into Salesforce. I have thousands of leads that are going back in SFDC but the lead type, lead source and lead source description are  not going with them so all this data is blank. It's really messing things up for me. I would think I should be able to run a process flow like this but how do I do this so the data is intact? 

Also if you have any ideas on how to push the data from Marketo back to SFDC, that would be great too. 
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Christina,

I've come across this before.  I typically don't have a lead live in just Salesforce or Marketo but both at the same time.  To solve your problem, instead of removing the lead from salesforce I create a Salesforce queue and move them there.  This gets them out of the way, but allows you to retain all of their salesforce data.

You can create queues very easily in salesforce (Setup > Manage Users > Queues) and can assign leads to them just like you would a user.

0EM50000000RPH0.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I have queues setup so maybe Ill just have to go with that. This is a huge nightmare!