Deleting SFDC Tasks?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting SFDC Tasks?

Is there a way to use Smart Campaigns to delete tasks from SFDC?

We've found they take up a LOT of [expensive] space and are looking for a better way to manage them.

Thanks
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deleting SFDC Tasks?

why don't you change the status of the task to 'completed'?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought you're not able to edit/delete task via Marketo. But I think Sam is pointing at, is to create a completed task to begin with. We do this for activity history (in addition to interesting moments). But that would still take up space in Salesforce. So I would take a step back and really determine which activities help sales. If you want to delete an activity, you should not create it in the first place, right?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Diederik,
We don't create many tasks in SF for that very reason but since SF charges an arm and a leg for the equivolent of a free USB drive, we're sensitive to fact that some tasks have value for a period of time.  For example, we want to alert reps of a potential renewal but we don't care about tracking that beyond three months out or so after the task has passed.

I'd like to be able to create a task for reps to follow up, then delete them when they're X months old.  Or delete any task older than X years (rolling cleanup).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matt,

You should be able to build a rule in Salesforce.com that will delete a completed task with a certain type or subject three months out from the create date.

Thanks,

Kristen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kristen,
thanks - we've done that in the past but I'm hoping to build it out in Marketo since I'd like more control over the flow.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey Matt,

Did you find a solution for that?

thanks,
Eugene